Southwestern Fiesta Cooking Class
Here in Southern California a Mexican or Southwestern Fiesta is a time of celebration. Cinco de Mayo ushers in the summer season with cocktails, avocados, corn, black beans and more wonderful fresh ingredients. Join us Thursday, May 12, 6:00 – 9:00 at the Holy Nativity Community Hall for a Southwestern Fiesta and learn some new ideas for your summer parties.
I’ve created a fabulous menu from some of my favorite Southwestern books. Last year I met two food bloggers, Yvette Marquez-Sharpnack and Vianney Rodriguez when they were introducing their new book, “Latin Twist” filled with a cocktail for every occasion. We are going to celebrate with a Spanish red wine cocktail from Latin Twist called Zurracapote. Yvette’s previous book, “Muy Bueno“ is filled with amazing authentic Mexican recipes and we will make her Mexican Rice, Black Bean Salad and a beautiful Mango Upside Down Cake with a Cajeta-Rum Glaze.
NOTE: The Southwestern Fiesta cooking class is now full! Look for our next class soon!
We will make these fabulous recipes for our Southwestern Fiesta on May 12.
- Corn and Zucchini Quesadilla with Smoked Tomato Salsa & Avocado Relish from Bobby Flay’s Bold American Food
- Lime-Grilled Chicken with an Easy Mole Sauce from McCall’s Food Editor, Barbara Chernetz’ Healthy Chicken
- Mexican Rice from Muy Bueno
- Black Bean Salad from Muy Bueno
- Mango Upside Down Cake with a Cajeta-Rum Glaze from Muy Bueno
- Zurracapote – a Spanish red wine cocktail from Latin Twist
Patricia K. Rose, of Fresh Food in a Flash will lead this hands-on cooking class on Thursday, May 12, 2016, 6:00-9:00 at the Holy Nativity Community Hall in Westchester.
Cooking Class fee is $50 when you reserve by May 9, $55 thereafter if space is available. To reserve your spot, fill out the form above.
Cooking Classes held at the newly remodeled Holy Nativity Community Hall, 6700 West 83rdStreet, Westchester, CA 90045.